Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dual incomes

We talked a lot about dual income families this week, and it just makes me want to be a stay at home mother even more. What struck me the most was Brother Williams expressing his genuine concern when his wife worked for three years when they first got married. Multiple times in class yesterday, he said if he could take back those first three years, his wife wouldn't have worked. Dual income families just have a lot of difficulties. Brother Williams told us many dual income families are not satisfied in the marriages. I wondered why? I think it's because both husband and wife have their own responsibilities outside the home, and so they're almost separated from each other when it comes to home life. Both can be stressed at work, and forget about home life, and that is what is most important. My mum runs a day care from our home, and even though she's at home, I see the stress it puts on my family. Mum is always tired once all the kids are gone, and my other siblings help her a lot with the day care kids. None of us really like that she does it, but she says it's only going to be for a few more years. (we'll see! It's already been six!) A lot of the  kids my mum watches come from dual income families and the kids will seek attention from anyone that will care about them. The saddest thing I've ever seen is one time one of the moms came to pick up her child from my mum's house, and they cried so bad and didn't want to leave our house. It was like my mum was their mum. Kids can easily adapt, and when you're at a daycare more than your own home, of course you're going to want to stay. I can't wait to be a mom someday, and stay at home with our kids, and to always be a smiling face for them when they come home from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment